View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 04:51 AM   #9
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Glad you got it sorted.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xus View Post
- Using Astro file manager, I do not see the epub file in the CC folder. Only a .FBreader folder with some 0.ncache, etc, files. I have a single .azw file obtained from my kindle collection in my kindle folder and, whichever file I try to open from there, a message "no activity found" results... The strange thing is that I have rebooted and reinstalled K4A yesterday after posting. .azw files don't seem to be associated with K4A...
This is what we mean when we say that K4A "does not play nice". The only association it makes is PDF. Why amazon chose that K4A not advertize the other extensions it can handle is a mystery and a genuine bother.

If you ask to read an amazon book in CC, it works around the problem by copying (if necessary) the book to K4A's folder (/kindle). CC messes with the book file a bit to change the modification date to "now", and then launches K4A. K4A does a scan of its folder and adds any new books it finds to its own DB. The "view by latest" view will show the book you asked to read at the top, making it reasonably easy to open it in K4A. This is clearly not as good as directly opening the book, but it was the best we could think of.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote