View Single Post
Old 10-13-2011, 10:27 AM   #13
OneandonlyDoc
Fearless Writer
OneandonlyDoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OneandonlyDoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OneandonlyDoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OneandonlyDoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OneandonlyDoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OneandonlyDoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OneandonlyDoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OneandonlyDoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OneandonlyDoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OneandonlyDoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OneandonlyDoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wifi
I use the desktop app all the time, but back when I first got my Kobo, it didn't work at all--it would freeze/crash and was generally useless.

It turns out that my PCTools virus scanner/protection system was to blame. Some shoddy code in it basically rendered the kobo desktop app (and the reskinned Borders app before it) completely useless. I haven't had a problem since I swapped to a different security protocol on my machine.
OneandonlyDoc is offline   Reply With Quote