View Single Post
Old 08-27-2011, 01:23 AM   #1
Paul Levine
Connoisseur
Paul Levine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paul Levine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paul Levine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paul Levine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paul Levine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paul Levine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paul Levine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paul Levine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paul Levine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paul Levine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paul Levine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I Admit It: I’m Reading “Feminist Literary Erotica.”

Now, I’m not sure there’s such a category. But I just finished Vicki Hendricks’ three short stories in the Kindle edition of “Dangerous Sex,” ($0.99), and that’s what I’m calling it.

There’s “Be Very Afraid,” in which a house party of women taken out their frustrations on a horny cable guy. “Penile Infraction” isn't a penalty in a football game. It's story involving a female bodybuilder with – how can I put this delicately? – a body part enhanced by steroids. Okay, it's her clitoris, which she uses to inflict pleasure and pain on her boyfriend. And in “Tender Fruit,” a middle-aged woman teaches a younger man some hard lessons.

The writing is sharp and funny, the tone sexy and at times violent, the underlying theme packed with feminine empowerment.

I’ve been a fan of Vicki Hendricks ever since her highly-praised debut novel, “Miami Purity.” These short stories are a timely reminder of just how good a writer she is.

Paul Levine
Paul Levine is offline   Reply With Quote