View Single Post
Old 06-29-2011, 08:51 AM   #103
ldolse
Wizard
ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: PRS-650, iPhone
Awesome, Thanks for the update!

I was just thinking with the store interface it allows someone to download books directly into Calibre - today getting books using the server from a browser requires a multi-step process (save file, find file, import file to Calibre), and while I was able to teach my parents how to do it it's far from intuitive for them. An older Calibre release automatically imported files associated with Calibre on open, but that hasn't worked for a while.

I like the idea of configuring the plugin with the auth credentials and saving people that step as well.

As far as the metadata goes, I didn't realize that the store plugins don't have any ability set that, but that does make sense that they wouldn't bother. I do like the idea of the bundled 'download for Calibre' zip file - probably best to come up with a new type of extension to recognize/process these bundles and pass it to the right plugin, ala htmlz, txtz, etc. (though custom extension sort of breaks the 'works today' story). A single format in the bundle probably makes the most sense, but bundling the formats might be better from an interface design perspective (just one link).
ldolse is offline   Reply With Quote