Thread: Troubleshooting Dead pixel problem solution?
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2011, 12:00 AM   #1
lunixer
Addict
lunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle 3
Dead pixel problem solution?

Hi. I'm just curious if this problem is typical or if there is a solution. I am on my third gen 3 Kindle. First one was DOA (dead on arrival). Second one had a huge number of dead pixels, and now the third one is getting the dead pixel problem as well. There are black pixels scattered across the screen that never change color, even when the device is off. It's a small problem, and likely unnoticeable to someone who doesn't use the device, but I read ~3 hours a day, and it irritates the hell out of me. Does anybody else have this problem? I'm considering RMA'ing the device, but it's such a hassle and I worry that the next one will get this problem as well. Do you know of a solution?
lunixer is offline   Reply With Quote