View Single Post
Old 12-15-2011, 07:35 AM   #36
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ticallion View Post
It would be nice if devs would keep their apps up to date on Amazon too, or maybe it's up to Amazon themselves? Not sure.

Sidenote: I bet most Fire users who are side loading with ES File Explorer don't even realize they're using an outdated version. I found the latest apk through Google and noticed it's much improved, with a new UI for swipe navigation and even allowing you to choose file handlers. So you can for example stream movie files off your computer's shared folder and choose what to open them with. Mobo Player works like a charm, which reads a lot more formats than the built in player. Another one of those apps that belongs on Amazon.

Download the 1Mobile Market App and the AndriodPIT Market App. Both of these Apps provide excellent notification of App updates. In some cases you may need to uninstall the original App if it came from Amazon or another source. For example, I downloaded FreeDictionary.org from Amazon. When I downloaded the update it wouldn't replace the existing App until I unistalled the Amazon version. In most cases these App Stores will notify you of this, especially AndroidPIT. 1Mobile does not require you to set up an account. AndroidPIT does. AndroidPIT offers paid Apps and accepts Paypal.
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote