View Single Post
Old 09-27-2012, 06:08 AM   #15
NASCARaddicted
Addict
NASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and grace

Device: BeBook One, Pocketbook Touch, Pocketbook Touch HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
As far as I know, no-one has ever been prosecuted (publicly or privately) in any country for removing the DRM from an ebook they bought.

Whether it is illegal according the the current laws in your country another matter. Sometimes even the lawyers can't agree.

If you decide you must have this ebook, even though it is sold with DRM, you might want to google for Apprentice Alf's blog.

I do admire your principled stand. I bought only a handful of DRMed ebooks from 2003 to 2008, but the availability of DRM removal tools changed my mind.
Thanks pdurrant, you helped me a lot.

I want this ebook (and some others, too) for my own personal use. I don't want to give them away, so basically, once I bought the ebooks, no one would know what I do with them.

Oh, but I what I wanted to add (to my own post a little earlier): It seems as if Free Press is related to Simon & Schuster. I don't know them, but as far as I know, they are big in the USA, right? Maybe I should write to Simon & Schuster, too
NASCARaddicted is offline   Reply With Quote