Thread: WOLF format
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2007, 06:47 AM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Unless the V3 supports a DRM format that you can purchase at some ebook shop to get say the latest bestseller, its going to tank. I've said this from day one when they announced this Wolf format as their DRM format. And I still think so. The average person will have no idea what to do with a V3. It'll just be a case of "Oh that looks nice" and then into some drawer to sit there unused. I know Sony has their BBeB format, but at least they have a shop and real books in that format. Wolf format has no bestsellers and Jinke wanting to keep Wolf a closed format is just shooting themselves in the foot (so to speak).
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote