View Single Post
Old 06-04-2010, 08:59 PM   #10
SameOldStory
My True Self
SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabredog View Post
They certainly were a click-able entity on my bookshelf, but now they had become geographically restricted, generating an error message about being in the wrong territory. Great!

Seeing more than a little red, I created a ticket requesting that full refunds be provided for those books I had purchased and that I was not allowed to have.

In that email he apologised for the issue, informed me that the withdrawal of the ebooks was beyond Diesel's control being a distributor initiated move.

What did please me though was the acceptance that Diesel would repay me for the GR restricted and thus unavailable books that I had paid good money for.
Every now and then (better do it again soon) I burn my books to a CD. I don’t trust ANY company to look after my best interest. Suppose company A is a great company. They hit hard times and get bought out by a company that says "Sorry folks, rules have changed."

All in all I would say that Diesel is a great company blindsided by the publishing industry You lost some books that you had read. Think of the money that they are giving you (and I say giving not returning) as a generous gift from one of the better companies.

OK. I just burned all of my ebooks to a CD.
SameOldStory is offline   Reply With Quote