View Single Post
Old 02-14-2010, 06:39 PM   #12
Jack Tingle
Punctuation Fetishist
Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Nexus 7 (2013), Galaxy S5 phone, Galaxy Tab 4 8.0
Very thoughtful. I agree in principle, but I'm holding out for one where you can detach the keyboard entirely. Something like a large Archos, with a USB HID port for a portable keyboard. I'd even accept WinCE, Maemo or Android as the operating system, rather than Windows proper. Some parts-bin engineer in Taiwan, Korea or China should be coming up with one any day.

I had hopes for the iPad, which seems to have a form-factor like this, but it seems aPple is being aNal, and won't allow a simple USB connection. It has to control the USB ... sPecial. gOd forbid you should attach a non-camera SD card. (gAsp!)

Regards,
Jack Tingle
Jack Tingle is offline   Reply With Quote