View Single Post
Old 08-13-2012, 01:52 PM   #10
westy
westy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.westy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.westy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.westy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.westy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.westy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.westy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.westy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.westy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.westy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.westy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by anamardoll View Post
IME, YA tends to be a little shorter, a little snappier, a little more to the point. It's one reason why I like YA.

But if it's a YA EPIC FANTASY, then it may be longer.

My advice: write the story, worry about word count after. If you've got a clear beginning and ending, with a fun ride from one to the other, people won't care too much if you're a little short or a little over.
Thanks! Just took a look at your link and see that you write for young adult audience also - but my genre/style is humor.
Like you graphics too - very artistic.

Going back to my original post - as I am given to writing at length, I now know roughly were to limit myself for ebooks... which was the 50MB question.

Thanks for your valued input, really appreciate it.
westy is offline   Reply With Quote