View Single Post
Old 03-30-2012, 12:00 PM   #40
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
@Blue

What all told have you tried?

Have you tried different USB ports and cables?

Have you checked the suggestions regarding Chipset drivers and USB speeds.
I've reset my Kobo a few times, uninstalled/reinstalled Kobo desktop a couple of times as well.

I've checked my USB ports, checked KT disk, everything shows correct drivers, etc. Tried loading directly to Kobo [without Calibre], pretty much most of what I tried is everything suggested here.
I did not try a different cable, I'm using the one provided by Kobo.
I plug my Kobo directly into USB port, no hub or anything. As for Chipset driver and USB speeds, No, I'm uncertain how to check that.

I will try a different cable, and read around a bit more on drivers/USB speeds. But I'm doubtful....

What I don't understand is how it could be anything BUT software related because I've never had a problem with any of the Kobos previously, and I'm using the same USB port I use for backups to 1TB portable hard drive, 64GB iPod, my Blackberry, to copy files for kids homework, music, videos, etc.

If my USB port can handle ALL that with NO problems, I just don't understand how it can not work on a 1GB device, that used to work perfectly before this, and on 1st generation Kobo's as well. [I gave my old one to my Mom, and also bought and set up 1 for MIL, both computer challenged].
Logically, it doesn't add up...in my mind it has to be something between Kobo and Calibre...

Edit: did try different cable, same error.
Also tried shutting off Internet Security/scan, same error
Also upgraded to newest Calibre 8.4.5 I think, released today], same error

One thing I did notice, is that when I do try to make these changes, my windows folder that opens when you connect to computer, it closes by itself...

And, I still think it's software related for reasons I stated above.

Last edited by Blue2u; 03-30-2012 at 01:15 PM. Reason: clarification + additional test
Blue2u is offline   Reply With Quote