View Single Post
Old 03-27-2012, 03:30 PM   #35
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crent View Post
direct port, running this error down now...

also have been using a powered usb hub... thinking i need to get a powered pci usb card

talked to my computer guru buddy and he pointed out that i prob forgot to install my (very) specific chipset drivers, which i did and now seem to be okay as caliber can now retrieve the books from the device..

noew getting this

calibre, version 0.8.44
ERROR: Error: Error communicating with device

(2, 'GetDiskFreeSpace', 'The system cannot find the file specified.')

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 82, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 412, in _upload_books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\usbms\driver.py", line 253, in upload_books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\usbms\device.py", line 1010, in _sanity_check
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\usbms\device.py", line 175, in free_space
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\usbms\device.py", line 133, in _windows_space
error: (2, 'GetDiskFreeSpace', 'The system cannot find the file specified.')
Welcome to my error.

I gave up, and decided to just leave it alone as I had spent more time reading how to fix my KT rather than reading on it...
Blue2u is offline   Reply With Quote