Thread: MobileRead May 2012 Book Club Nominations
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2012, 05:25 PM   #38
sun surfer
languorous autodidact ✦
sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: onyx boox poke 2 colour, kindle voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
Fantasy's not my thing, but I had been considering nominating The City, the City. Since caleb beat me to Melville, I'll second Marine.
I think that this post is a work of art in its perplexity.

The best I can tell, issybird is posting a secret subtle code to us a la The Da Vinci Code and alluding to the fact that someone is in distress and that we should find them, and the clues point to the location being in the real world ("fantasy's not my thing"), not only in a city ("the city") but rather in a major city ("the city, the city"...the duplicity was the clue), that money or some kind of ransom will be involved ("since" which is a heterograph of "cents" which is a type of money), that there is some kind of possibility for danger ("beat"), that whales are somehow involved ("Melville"), that we better hurry ("second" which is a homonym with seconds of time as in we need to hurry) and that it's also near the ocean ("marine").

Yes, yes, it's becoming clearer now. My best guesses for the location are either New York City or Fargo.
sun surfer is offline   Reply With Quote