View Single Post
Old 03-27-2010, 06:16 AM   #14
mmanville
mmanville began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDHarriman View Post
Hi

For the needs you state, I think you will be better served with a tabletpc.

It will do everything you are asking for but also be a full computer

Best regards,
After at frst getting excited about the big boox, I am coming ot this conclusion as well. If I had some assurance it would actually ship this summer and fall I might wait, but since there is only silence since it was announced, and the mid-sized one that was supposed to come out first is already delayed or cancelled, it's probably foolish to wait too long for that.

Therefor I am planning to spend a bigger chunk of money and just get the HP tm2t. It's got a nice combo wacom/conductive 12" touchscreen, a cool-running CULV processor with reasonable battery life, and only weighs 4 lbs, not to mention a switchable graphics for when you want to do something more intensive. I am coming around to thinking that in the long run it will be nicer to have a true single "convergence" device for my wife, not a bunch of different speicialized hardware that she'd have to all carry, sync, etc. As llong as you can accept the 4lb weight and ~6 hour battery limitation, the the tm2t seems perfect -- the only thing that would really have been nice to see on it is a Pixel Qi screen! But, lacking that, since my wife is dealing with lots of scanned PDF documents, even an LCD screen would probably be better on her eyes than a 6" eInk unit.
mmanville is offline   Reply With Quote