View Single Post
Old 05-09-2009, 01:31 AM   #19
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, Jetbook, + Mini, +Color, Astak Ez Reader Pro, PPW1, Aura H2O
I guess if I'm a developer I'd rather buy and open a Kindle than buy the prototype.
I guess you pay on the prototype for the open software, and the secrets of the used chips.

If manufacturers see the kit they can replace certain parts of the board with better parts, or just copy the boards content with a new layout and start selling.

Either way buying from manufacturers always ends up being the smarter choice; since at worst you'll end up with a device similar to the prototype, and at best with a device that outbests the prototype.

You pay 4000 because the device has never been manufactured 'en masse', so it's kind of handwork built in a (literal) 'Open Source' case; perhaps (meaning I guess) it comes with a usermanual and explenations of what voltages and what data gets through the pinns of the internal chips and connectors.
ProDigit is offline   Reply With Quote