View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012, 03:41 PM   #77
AnotherCat
AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
...I also don't know what the big damn deal is. I don't see any difference whatsoever in jumping to a footnote at the end of a chapter versus jumping to one at the end of the book. I have never found it to "lack precision in jumping," nor disruptive to the reading experience. I suppose if one has intellectually lazy readers, they might decide to skip the footnotes, but wouldn't they, anyway?

Sorry, just feels like a kerfuffle in a kettle. I love the linked footnotes in books, myself...
Expresses my own feelings too, exactly.

It does seem to me that those determined to mimic paper books are going along the same lines as an automobile designer who tries to design cars that look and perform like horse and carts.
AnotherCat is offline   Reply With Quote