View Single Post
Old 04-30-2012, 10:57 PM   #13
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
I have several older SSD drives that do not have Trim, so I have to periodically do a secure erase when they start writing very slowly (write wear-leveling fragmentation) to restore them back to full factory-fresh write speeds. The newer SSD drives with trim support can do that automagically in erase block increments if supported by the OS (such as Win7).
Thanks for the reminder.

In a thread about a month ago, we determined that the Kindle eMMC does support the "trim" command (at least according to the documentation).

I don't recall any post reporting if the Kindle kernel driver is using the command.

Anyone want to take bets on if tinyrot is using the command?

Nor have I seen any reports of Win7 having been ported to the Kindle.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote