View Single Post
Old 03-22-2012, 02:14 AM   #49
Andrew H.
Grand Master of Flowers
Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Kindle 3 (aka Keyboard), iPhone, iPad 3 (not for reading)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daithi View Post
Damn! That was one long freaking article that implied over and over again that cellphone emissions could interfere with an airplane's navigation equipment. However, after reading the entire article I seemed to miss the part where the authors backed up this implication. The only thing they actually showed was that people bring cellphones aboard planes and don't turn them off, and that the cellphones have RF emissions. Absolutely worthless article.

BTW, I never actually turn off my Kindle when we take off and land. I put it in the pouch on the seat back in front of me, but it is still on. Some people might put their Kindle into sleep mode, but I doubt anyone actually turns the thing off.
What about this?
Quote:
In March 2004, acting on a number of reports from general aviation pilots that Samsung SPH-N300 cellphones had caused their GPS receivers to lose satellite lock, NASA issued a technical memorandum that described emissions from this popular phone. It reported that there were emissions in the GPS band capable of causing interference.
Andrew H. is offline   Reply With Quote