View Single Post
Old 07-15-2011, 09:14 PM   #8
kiwipippa
Fanatic
kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo glo, kobo touch (dead), kindle touch, android phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBlyth View Post
Just as a thought, I just plugged in my KT expecting to be able to run both the Kobo Original and the KT "side by side" so to speak.

Could this be the cause of my problems???? Do I need separate databases or something for each unit?

With the KT, the uploaded books appear on the Calibre device list, but the KT itself doesn't update, and when I plug the KT back into Calibre again, the books are not there any more.

I am fairly sure that this did not happen before I upgraded to the new firmware. If all else fails, I may need to do a factory reset, I suppose.....

Thanks for the assistance - it is much appreciated!
John
John, I also have had problems running both the original kobo (firmware version 1.8.3 r22907, Dec 30 2010) and the touch with calibre 0.8.9 so it looks like there could be something going on. But mine was also broken before the new firmware upgrade on the KT as I noticed it earlier in the week (haven't tried it since my KT upgraded). It did result in the books on my Kobo original disappearing off the "My reading" list but they stayed on the device itself under "Books". The error I'm getting may have no connection to yours - not sure.

My KT seems fine, but the original gives the message below. I reverted back to 0.8.7 which solved it:

Error: Error communicating with device

no such column: FavouritesIndex

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 81, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 332, in _books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\kobo\driver.py", line 278, in books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\kobo\driver.py", line 724, in sync_booklists
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\kobo\driver.py", line 696, in update_device_database_collections
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\kobo\driver.py", line 611, in reset_favouritesindex
OperationalError: no such column: FavouritesIndex

I hope 0.8.10 resolves it, I haven't seen on the calibre MB that it will but like taming, I am now going to wait a few weeks before updating calibre to let some of these issues get ironed out.

And I feel for Tim - must be hard keeping up with all these changes! Thanks for all your work Tim.
kiwipippa is offline   Reply With Quote