View Single Post
Old 11-25-2009, 09:12 PM   #14
GhostHawk
Data Privateer!
GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.

Device: Ectaco Jetbook& Jetbook Lite
I have often put in 5 hours of use in a single afternoon on my Jetbook. Worst I've seen, I was into a series of very good books. I'd charged overnight, read for the next 2 days pretty much nonstop. I was going, "Huh? I just charged it" till I stopped and added up the hours. I was actually closer to 22-23 hours of reading time in those 2 days. (yes I am a kept man, no I don't get out much, Author was David Drake )

Normal for me would be a recharge every 5 - 6 days. Ohh and I've been pounding away at this Jetbook of mine for almost 6 months now. Have taken it everywhere except the bath.

As to format, RTF or plain .txt are what I use most often.
I have a lot of books that I've converted from the .lit format, those I mostly save as rtf.
PDF's I tend to convert to .txt as the pdf's require a page scroll. They really are not formatted for most screens. Rather than scroll up and down every page I just convert to straight txt and avoid the hassle. I really should get a better pdf converter, as my free version does .txt only.

Last edited by GhostHawk; 11-25-2009 at 09:15 PM. Reason: adding more information
GhostHawk is offline   Reply With Quote