Thread: Glo Kobo Night Mode
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2013, 03:46 AM   #6
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinShort View Post
Here's a new hack that will hopefully benefit some people (I know I use it!).

A little while back I release a very hacky white on black display mode for the Glo. Not long after, yoq put together a much nicer version of the hack, which you can download here.

Installation - for firmware version 2.5.1 ONLY!

A word of caution: This hack could potentially cause your Glo to not boot. If that happens, a factory reset (hold the light button while turning on the device) should resolve any issues. Also, this installer is specifically for firmware 2.5.1. It may or may not work on other versions.

You'll need to install the Kobo Tweaks plugin and create a new file named "kobotweaks.ini" in the .kobo folder on your Glo. Put these lines in kobotweaks.ini:
Code:
[Global]
compatFirmware=2.5.1

[CustomCommands]
Toggle Night Mode=tweaks.executeSystemCmd(\"/mnt/onboard/.kobo/nightmode.sh\")
Download "gloNightMode.zip", below. Extract it and put the KoboRoot.tgz file in the .kobo folder on your Glo. After your Glo reboots, open the Library to activate the plugin, then go back to the home screen. Under the "Tools" menu you can now select "Toggle Night Mode" to turn the hack on and off.
Kevin, this looks brilliant - and indeed I guess it would be even more useful for non lit devices - is there any chance it could work on the Mini: if there is, I am happy to play guinea pig!
paola is offline   Reply With Quote