View Single Post
Old 07-12-2005, 04:53 PM   #6
radleyp
Evangelist
radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kindle Global, iphone4, ipad
I suppose the court order is legitimate, but just let them try to enforce it. What are the penalties for one who does not return the book? Will the purchaser be arrested? Suppose the purchaser has already read the book and passed it on? And if payment was in cash, how will the store know the identity of the purchaser? I am sure the order was issued ex parte (without any purchaser present), but it does seem ridiculous that the contract violator (the seller) winds up with the remedy. I think Raincoast had to do this to show the publisher that it was putting in its best efforts to correct its error. Philippe Radley
radleyp is offline   Reply With Quote