View Single Post
Old 02-05-2014, 11:18 PM   #63
Andrew H.
Grand Master of Flowers
Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Kindle 3 (aka Keyboard), iPhone, iPad 3 (not for reading)
55 on the Amazon list. It's a weird list, though, although the fact that I happened to read random things like Persepolis, The Omnivore's Dilemma, Me Talk Pretty One Day, and Moneyball boosted my score.

I like the list, but I disagree with its description. Moneyball, Me Talk Pretty, Gone Girl, and Kitchen Confidential are all books that I liked, but they don't really belong in anyone's lifetime "bucket" list. Nor do many others on the list.

However, what I like about the list is that it is a good list to turn to when you want to read something new and maybe break out of a rut. It has good answers to the question "What should I read this weekend?", but its answers to the question "What are the 100 most books everyone should have read in their life?" are not as good.
Andrew H. is offline   Reply With Quote