View Single Post
Old 07-17-2013, 03:38 PM   #169
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by joenojunk View Post
I’m not modifying to book or trying to get around OPF's Guide items, we are trying to utilize them.
The issue we are having is that we have a Hard Copy book 679 pages and the Kindle e-book
Has no pages just locations . i.e When we are at pg 450, in the hard copy, our kindle users have a difficult time go To that page .
I created a table that corresponds to Pg to location i.e pg 450 =loc 4479
This is ok but still a little inconvenient.

My app Does open the book and Kindle reader but Im still struggling to
Find the commands that after the book opens to go to a particular location.
Once I can find that command.
I can write a script i.e if pg 450 then go Loc 4479

Joenojnk

Joe:

You can't use JS in a book that's going to be put on sale as a MOBI file via Amazon. That's kind of what I was asking you. There are THREE OPF Guide items allowable via Amazon, and they'll grey out any others you add: Start, TOC and Cover. Simply put them in the Guide. After that, you're just expending effort for no return. If you try to upload a mobi file with JS in it at Amazon it will not pass intake.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote