View Single Post
Old 08-24-2008, 05:18 PM   #29
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
I finally got my Palm calendar uploaded to the Touch. What a mess and a pain in the rear. There were many software tools for older iPods but none that I could get to work with the Touch since it's not seen as an external drive in Explorer.

I had to upload my calendar to a site call AirSet. They had a desktop application that would pull the info from my Palm Calendar and then upload it to their website (all this was free). I was then able to export that calendar as a .ics file. That file would not import into the Outlook 2000 I already owned but never used.

I downloaded the free 60 day trial of Outlook 2007 plus the updated hotsync conduit for it from Palm, which it turns out does not work with Outlook 2007 despite it's name. It only works with Outlook 98, 2000, and XP(2002) per the failed sync log.

I was, luckily, able to that AirSet .ics file to import into Outlook 2007. I then connected the Touch to my laptop, up pops iTunes. I then clicked on the info tab and set it to sync the calendar with Outlook. It worked.

Of course there were many false starts but I'm happier now. And I must admit, Outlook has improved quite a bit since I last used it. I may not miss the Palm desktop software after all. I do still feel DateBk4 is a much better calendar than the one that comes from with the Touch.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote