View Single Post
Old 08-03-2012, 05:30 PM   #8
GreenMonkey
DRM hater
GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST glow, Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mujokan View Post
Some people consider these unethical. That's because they take software that has been developed by the hobbyist community out of a sense of community service, and sell it on to people who might not know you can get it for free. However, they do provide the service of burning it onto a card (which is the same as burning a music CD for yourself), and the SD card.

If they were selling on commercial software, they would be prosecuted, but since it is provided for free, no-one is going to do anything about it.

Personally I don't really like it, but it is not a big deal. No-one is really losing out on money. However it is better in my opinion to burn it yourself and donate the money to the developers. Not that I donated any money to anyone myself.
That would be my approach also.

Seriously, it's as simple as

Download a couple of files
Download a free app to put the image on the SD card
Put into Nook Color

I'm not familiar with N2A cards on Nook Tablets, but on the NC it's really kind of idiot proof.

It's the devs that deserve the donations.
GreenMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote