View Single Post
Old 01-02-2011, 09:41 AM   #19
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by unboggling View Post
So I could hide the author column and never ever mess with it again. Though I'd have to careful what I allow in author_sort.
No, assuming I understand you. The tweak changes what is displayed in the tags browser (in the categories). It has no effect on the library view spreadsheet.

That said (and not having thought about this much), you could:

1) set the tweak
2) hide the authors column
3) make a composite custom column showing {author_sort}
4) agree that you cannot edit authors on the library view

and then not mess with author except in edit-metadata. However, I strongly recommend that you don't go down this route. The possible mental and actual data inconsistencies boggle the mind.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote