View Single Post
Old 09-18-2012, 11:01 AM   #7
Andy_T
Evangelist
Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod touch, iPhone, iPad, Kindle KB, NT, Fire, PW II
One thing to consider ... I got the Kindle Keyboard 3G Special offers through a friend from the US - the 50$ price difference really made it really worthwile at that time. Plus, I actually found the ads cool.

All was fine until ... it broke after 3 weeks when I put it into my bag together with my iPad and iPod, not knowing that the average Kindle's screen is unfortunately nowhere as stable as a raw egg.

I called Amazon Kindle service, they said, sure, no problem, we'll replace it free of charge. One coming to your address soon ... then they called again and said "sorry, there's no way to get a special offers kindle in Europe", so they could only replace it in the US ... and I had to wait for some time when another colleague came from the US to Germany.

So for just a 20$ time difference, I'd rather go the "safe" route, and have ordered the normal version of the paperwhite this time. Most likely this will be released earlier in Europe than the special offers version.

Best regards,
Andy

Last edited by Andy_T; 09-18-2012 at 11:04 AM.
Andy_T is offline   Reply With Quote