Thread: Fonts
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2008, 10:04 AM   #9
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyMartin View Post
Never thought it would be a big deal but I also really like this feature. Was thinking about installing a gothic font to read Dracula with. How about an invisible font for the Harry Potter series?

a couple of different members recommended to me the DejaVu fonts, which are free to download and include many variants (serif, sans, mono, condensed...). they are very attractive and the big advantage for me is that they support a very complete charset.

quote from the site :
Quote:
Each family has Book (regular), Bold, Oblique and Bold Oblique typefaces, the DejaVu Sans family has experimental Extra Light typeface. DejaVu Serif Oblique and DejaVu Serif Bold Oblique are experimental.

The derivative called DejaVu LGC covers only Latin, Greek and Cyrillic scripts.

Most DejaVu fonts are suitable for Latin (Western and Central European, African Latin and International Phonetic alphabets), Cyrillic (European) and Greek (Modern and Polytonic). Arabic, Armenian, Hebrew, Lao, Canadian Aboriginal Syllabics and Georgian are currently in development and included in DejaVu Sans.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote