View Single Post
Old 08-17-2011, 04:02 AM   #5
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Calibre won't install on stock lenny. The glibc libraries are too old. You need squeeze.

I made it work quite some time ago by creating a chroot'ed partition, installing sid (squeeze didn't yet exist) libraries into that partition, then installing calibre. This was a royal bother and in the end I gave it up, but if you want to go down that road, then see https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...92#post1185292.

You could also go the backport route to get the newer glibc. The problem is that glibc is used by *everything*. I started down this route and came close to bricking my server, so I don't recommend it. Better would be to upgrade to squeeze.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote