View Single Post
Old 06-23-2006, 07:01 AM   #56
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: STAReBOOK, iRex Iliad, Sony 505, Kindle 2
First of all:

Nice vids Henrycat! Actually I should be cursing you now because you have reawakened my interest for the Iliad after I had sworn not to buy anything from that shoddy company...^^
The text-layout looks good, navigation looks good and everything is nicely designed.

BUT:

The time it takes to load files and especially to flip pages is ENORMOUS! I have seen the vids of the Hanlin V8 that uses a 48Mhz processor and almost 0 RAM and it's alot faster at page-turning thatn the Iliad is althugh the actual screen-refresh is about the same. You can view the vids at youtube if you don't believe me or can't remember...

Is iRex working on these issues? How is battery life at the moment? Oh and btw...it the load takes so long because of the device reading from the CF card...will a fast card make a difference? does it load faster from onboard memory?

Thanks for all the good work you are putting in for us Henrycat!
Now if only I coul get an invite, I could start seriously fretting about which device to get. I like the Hanlins because I like the company and the devices (at least the V8) seem to be working well (and adaptation seems to be improving), but the Iliad has a strong attraction because it's very...geeky and also doens't look so much like cheap plastic...

Last edited by CommanderROR; 06-23-2006 at 07:03 AM.
CommanderROR is offline   Reply With Quote