View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012, 09:21 PM   #52
Laridae
Addict
Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Blackberry PlayBook, Nexus 4, ChromeBook
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveEisenberg View Post
I've mentioned before Sir Winston Churchill's multi-volume, heavy, out of print, hard-to-find in public libraries, history of World War I, the World Crisis -- which I've read is better than his outstanding World War II history.

Justificaton for this post : A fresh search shows World Crisis volume 1 became available, this year, as an uncorrected Canadian optical character recognition scan, at archive.org:

http://archive.org/details/worldcrisis00chur
Yes, thank you for that! A very impressive document; all 445 pages of it!

It's always interesting when new documents come into the public domain. Although, truth be told, not being a big reader of world history I probably won't make the time to read it. But still interesting to know what's available none the less.
Laridae is offline   Reply With Quote