Thread: Touch Kobo Touch Firmware 2.0
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2012, 03:08 AM   #1247
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peakcrew View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs_Often View Post
... when I put the Touch to sleep the book synced its bookmark before actually going to sleep. How rude!
From the company that pushes firmware updates to you whether you want them or not, that seems quite tame

Well, I haven't forgotten that this time I was the one that took the firmware, whether the company wanted me to or not

Still, it is actually quite a good thing that it syncs the bookmark right before going to sleep, so that if I were to continue reading upstairs in bed on my iPhone (not that I do that; I carry my Touch with me everywhere), it will open to the page I just closed. Still, it should know not to do the syncing when Wifi is turned off. Gah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyBurns View Post
You're welcome ... FWIW it's never recurred here, then I haven't bought any new kepubs since 2.1.1
Ah that's good to know. I was indeed not completely trusting my Touch yet... and I don't plan to buy another kepub soon so I figure it'll be fine for a while

I am impressed with how the kepubs are formatted nowadays though. Good links to footnotes (with popup previews! Great!), links from all titles back to the index, and from the index to anywhere, at all times a "back" link in the bottom menu if you get lost... Great. And I also find myself enjoying the page numbers per chapter. It is usefull. On the other hand, I sorely miss knowing whereabouts in the book I am. I have no idea how many pages it has and thus I cannot attach a meaning to the "26% read"... (apparently not too many pages then, since I only got this book last night and I haven't done a lot of reading). Unfortunately this not knowing the total pages amount is absolutely not acceptable for me. So, no kepubs until I have more options! Sigh. And the font size of this book I bought is ridiculously large. I had to set it right down to almost nothing and it is still too large, while all the other text (the dictionary and footnote popups etc) are too small to read. And I'm not keen on setting everything exactly to comfortableness because I don't want to have to do too many steps to "back to normal" when I go back to the other book I'm reading that has regularly sized text... Oh, and, I do not seem to have to wrong cover display bug any more. Unless that's a bug that only occurs for epubs... Just checked: yep. Reading the kepub gives me the correct cover first time round; reading the epub gives me the kepub's cover first sleep, second sleep is its own cover. So I do still have the bug in 2.1.1. (And yes, text is waaaay too small in the epub now. I wish the font and margin settings were set per book, not for everything ) Anyway. Rant over now.
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote