View Single Post
Old 08-18-2012, 03:44 PM   #13
starrigger
Jeffrey A. Carver
starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lenovo Yoga Tab Plus, Droid phone, Nook HD+
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
If you look at your ePub under the hood, you will find a lot of mess. Use Sigil (after first turning off Tidy) to fix up the mess Word made of your ePub.
I don't know what Tidy is, but it's in Sigil that I've made these fixes. (Just learning it.) And to be honest, I don't see that much mess from Word. Most of it's fairly clean, if you export to filtered html. And the results, overall, are pretty good.

Here's the thing. In my experience, making an ebook, even with good help, involves repeated iterations of building, finding things to fix, and rebuilding. If you have to go in and re-re-retweak everything after each build, it's just not worth the hassle.

My point in bringing up this particular issue is that it seems (to me) like one place where repeated retweaking should not be required.
starrigger is offline   Reply With Quote