View Single Post
Old 04-16-2011, 04:38 AM   #34
Iņigo
Guru
Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: iRex iLiad, iRex DR800S. K4NT. Kobo Aura, Aura One, Libra 2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackx View Post
1) I assume you have thumbnail generation (during mdbindex) enabled, I wonder if the performance is also dependent on the number of thumbnails in the global.db file?
2) you can run mdbindex from the command line (although I only have done this in the emulator) first argument is the location of global.db, 2nd parameter determines if thumbnails will be generated. When there is a 2nd parameter no thumbnails are generated. By adding a few print you should be able to determine the file that is causing the problems.

(Have a nice holiday.:-)
Haven't tried running a clean indexing without thumbnails...
Regarding 2), I often run mdbindex from usbnet, inside a ssh session (btw, this is a marvellous way to detect bugs that don't appear on the emulator).

In fact some last weekend I recompiled ctb with some prints to discover the file causing the problem, but I suppose I put then in wrong places because I couldn't find out anything useful. It was a quict & dirty editing as I had to work last weekend. Then, travel so it will have to wait some days.

Iņigo
Iņigo is offline   Reply With Quote