View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 10:25 AM   #1
arthro
arthro has much to be proud ofarthro has much to be proud ofarthro has much to be proud ofarthro has much to be proud ofarthro has much to be proud ofarthro has much to be proud ofarthro has much to be proud ofarthro has much to be proud ofarthro has much to be proud ofarthro has much to be proud ofarthro has much to be proud of

Device: iriver story hd
major screen problem

Hi

I've been been an iriver story owner for several months and was starting to get to use it more and more, but the other day I had it in my bag into which I later stuffed some shopping, and when I turned it on later, these vertical and horizontal lines were suddenly there, and now remain there though the device is switched off.

I can imagine that inside the bag, it got some grief from the other objects and its possible that the screen was under pressure from something. I have done this before and had got used to the idea that the device was quite robust. I now see that I probably overestimated its robustness.

These lines pretty much only allow small parts of the screen legible, though there is no physical cracks or scratches on the screen at all.

The rest of the device works fine: the rest of the system doesn't seem to know that the screen has been damaged.

Anybody with any experience of this? I reckon its a pretty serious condition, and that it's unlikely to be corrected. Though I will have a go at resetting, etc.

Any advice welcome. Cheers.
arthro is offline   Reply With Quote