View Single Post
Old 11-06-2012, 09:39 AM   #1
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
find replace bug?

i try to remove a redundant class, using:
find
span class="calibre3"
replace all
span

it destroys the <> syntax which surrounds the span, both when run as normal, & when run as regex
i.e. it leaves this mess throughout
&lt; span&gt;

same happens if i try find
<span class="calibre3">
replace all
<span>

it does not happen for a single find + replace next but I want to remove hundreds of these

they are in constructs like:
<div class="calibre15">
<span class="calibre3">Yuen giggled, but Streicher sighed. "Dr. McLeod, must everything be a joke to you?"</span>
</div>

why won't replace all work properly?

PS i can find
class="calibre3"
and replace with blank - that works OK

I can then find
<span>
and replace with blank & the the closing matching tags then disappear also

so: pretty sure its a side effect of the option which used to appear as a brush thingie - tidy ? but don't see how to toggle it on/off in v6
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote