View Single Post
Old 03-24-2011, 10:26 AM   #8
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Well there is the print spooler approach. I can describe some things you can do with
Windows XP.

You can make your own "Print to File" printer in XP.
You can add your own paper size/form to the Print Server Properties.
You can change the "Spool folder".

To make a .txt file "printer" in XP you go: Start>Settings>Printers and Faxes and use
"Add Printer" to start a wizard.

Have "Local printer attached to this computer" selected on the first page and none of
the other options on that page. Then "Next".

Have "Use the following port: FILE: (Print to File)" selected. Then "Next".

Find and select: "Manufacturer" "Generic" and "Printers" "Generic/ Text Only".
Then "Next".

Name your printer. (I named mine Text File.)

----------------------

To make your paper size/form:

Again in the "Printers and Faxes" window under the "File" tab select "Server Properties"

Check the "Create a new form" box, making the "Form description (measurements)"
area active. With the "English" units selected, set the Width: to 3 inches and the
Height: to 4 inches. Name your form. (I named mine "3x4 jetBook 5-inch".) Then "Ok".

--------------------

These guys spell out setting up your printing spool folder:

http://www.techrepublic.com/article/...-pools/5137794

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote