View Single Post
Old 08-20-2013, 08:41 AM   #568
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroxia View Post
Hi does this JailBreak work with all region-variant Kindle PaperWhite? I'm in China with a Kindle PaperWhite bought from amazon.cn, the device upgrades to 5.3.6 automatically after I register it (I forgot to enter airplane mode...)
Short answer: Yes, if 'update kindle' button is not grayed out

Longer answer:
This update_*_.bin file is "Model Locked" it will not install on a model that it is not intended to install on.

Post the first four characters of your device's serial number and the author of this package can tell you if it is included.

Quote:
So I'm planning to get the 5.3.5 firmware and downgrade the device, then apply the JailBreak patch. Are the files (both the 5.3.5 firmware and the kpw_jb.zip file in the OP) compatible with my China version Kindle PaperWhite?
The 5.3.5 firmware is from Amazon.
Unless they screwed up, the answer is: yes.

The messages of the jailbreak (written here) are probably English only.
But if the conditions of the above answer are met, the answer is: yes.
Quote:
And could you post the checksum of the file update_kindle_5.3.5.bin? I downloaded it and the MD5 sum is:
b1b4b304fa0751c9b00f826a10af2e6f update_kindle_5.3.5.bin

Thanks.
That would be up to the author.

But continue even if you don't have the checksum to compare with that of the downloaded file.
These update_*_.bin files are internally checksummed and cryptographically signed.

The cryptographic signature on the package will fail if a single bit is disturbed in the download process and the installer will exit with an error message immediately.

Support for the above is the reason why you have to do the device jailbreak first before using any of our packages, that installs our certificate into the pool along with the existing Amazon certificates.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote