View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012, 08:11 PM   #124
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy Fulda View Post
Have I mentioned that you folks are seriously smart? This is awesome stuff.

For story purposes, I'm going to assume that brain-jacking, signal jamming and cyberwarfare makes drones unreliable at best. If I can pull it off, I may invent ways of nullifying most non-lethal projectiles so that combat strategy comes full circle and we end up with lots of hand-to-hand fighting. (Love the direct-contact shock sticks...)

Can y'all help me with a couple of boring questions, too?

(1) Protagonist has survived boot camp, been fast-tracked through zero-gee combat training, and is now being placed with an elite team of about twelve people. What's her rank likely to be? Private?

(2) What's the rank of her direct superior, i.e. the team leader?

(3) And the rank of the man or woman handing out her team's assignments?
Which branch of the services are you using as a model?
The different services have different names for the same pay grade.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote