View Single Post
Old 05-08-2010, 06:06 AM   #1
Beorn
New in the business
Beorn , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Beorn , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Beorn , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Beorn , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Beorn , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Beorn , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Beorn , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Beorn , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Beorn , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Beorn , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Beorn , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kobo eReader, Sony PRS-505 (broken)
Strange behaviour with mock SD card

Hello everyone,

I've been following MobileRead for quite a long time, but I'm not a very active user, to say the least.

Anyways, I ordered a Kobo and got it on Tuesday, and I have noticed a strange behavior:
I wanted to insert to the Kobo a mock SD card, to prevent the slot from getting dirty. However, When I put inside the SD slot a mock plastic SD (which I took from my Sony PRS-505, whose screen got broken and made me order the Kobo), the reader shows a "please wait while processing new content" screen, even though the card isn't even real. What's even more strange, is when I go to the Settings menu, it says "Removable Storage - 109MB of 160MB".

Another thing, which may be related, is that the battery seems to drain rather fast. As I said, I got the device on Tuesday and charged it for even more than 3 hours, and the battery icon already shows at about 3/5 full, even though I had only about 150 page turns... could it be that it just tries continuously to access the SD card, draining the battery faster?
I'd like to hear if anyone else had a similar problem.

Thanks!
Beorn is offline   Reply With Quote