View Single Post
Old 08-27-2008, 05:06 PM   #138
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwaldron View Post
Absolutely. This is tech -- there will always be something new (and maybe even -- but not always -- better) around the corner. Often cheaper. That is a good thing. We each make our own informed decisions as to when to jump in. Waiting for the next model means we forego use of the current one in the meantime.
Well, it may be tech ... but I've never been in a position that just because something new came out, the something old that had worked just fine before suddenly didn't.

For example ... Windows brought out Vista. That didn't mean that XP suddenly stopped working ... and thank heavens. Sony brought out the 505 ... did that render all of the 500s non-functional?? Granted, they were no longer the bleeding edge of Sony ebook readers, but they still worked.

I don't care if there is something new around the corner with Kindle. Even if they come out with a totally new design ... the Kindle I purchased will likely still work, and I will likely still be able to read books on it. So, when you say "absolutely" ... I'd have to say I disagree with you. I do not believe that my current Kindle will become unusable simply because they come out with a mark II.

Of course "waiting" for the next model means that you don't purchase the current model. However, that is most emphatically not what I asked. I asked if the Kindle mark I would be rendered non-functional by the mark II (if and when that comes out). You replied "absolutely" ... and I really doubt that will be the case.

If people keep waiting for the latest and greatest to come on the market ... they will never jump in anywhere. That's just their loss.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote