View Single Post
Old 02-15-2012, 04:29 PM   #37
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
Three Days of the Condor was a wonderful Robert Redford film, better than the James Grady novel Six Days of the Condor. I also enjoyed another Redford vehicle, The Hot Rock, much more than the Westlake book.
If we're talking Westlake: BANK SHOT was a reasonably amusing book but I found the movie dreadful. Other than the title there wasn't much to suggest they paid Westlake for anything beyond the title.

Which reminds me of the two worst bits of SF-to-movie butchery: NIGHTFALL and STARSHIP TROOPERS. The latter would've been better off dropping the pretense of being even "inspired" by Heinlein and just calling it NAZIS IN SPACE.

The former doesn't have even that going for it. (brrr.)

(The ROUGHNECKS animated series, on the other hand, is actually good. Go figure.)
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote