View Single Post
Old 01-07-2012, 02:44 PM   #160
kpw
Connoisseur
kpw can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkpw can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkpw can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkpw can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkpw can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkpw can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkpw can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkpw can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkpw can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkpw can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkpw can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Galaxy Note 8, Sony PRS-650, Sony PRS-600
Quote:
Originally Posted by sengian View Post
I will post the answer to this anyway: seems to be a memory problem.
A possible workaround is to invert the logic and use read books as unread.
Thanks for the update (I read through the thread on the PRS+ forum too).

I can suggest one more possible workaround, but it depends on what the Sony reader firmware is doing when it manages the unread collection. If only the changed records are being managed (i.e. perhaps the reader software runs out of memory when it is managing 3000+ records in one shot, but maybe not when it incrimentally handles smaller numbers one after another), you might be able to get away with doing the update in 2 or 3 batches (i.e. updating 1000 or 1500 books at one time only). That would mean you'd need to do the partial update, reboot to let the reader process them, and then repeat until you've done them all.

That's not optimal since rebooting multiple times is a pain in the butt. But if it works, you'd at least be able to get the reader in the right starting state. Then you'd probably need to flag individual books manually as you read them after that.

Of course, it's possible that the reader software might load everything regardless of how many records have changed. If that's the case, then this will probably not be an option.
kpw is offline   Reply With Quote