View Single Post
Old 06-23-2011, 07:28 AM   #4
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
I want to read some Dickens.

I'll nominate Bleak House. From Amazon:

Quote:
Bleak House is a satirical look at the Byzantine legal system in London as it consumes the minds and talents of the greedy and nearly destroys the lives of innocents--a contemporary tale indeed. Dickens's tale takes us from the foggy dank streets of London and the maze of the Inns of Court to the peaceful countryside of England.
And I'll nominate The Life and Adventures of Nicholas Nickleby. Form Amazon:

Quote:
This lengthy burlesque novel centers around the life and adventures of Nicholas Nickleby, a young man who must support his mother and sister after his father dies. Similar in tone to other Dickensian coming-of-age works, NICHOLAS NICKLEBY highlights social injustices of mid-Nineteenth century England and features gritty industrial cities, dreary workhouses, and cruel adults.
*** If one of these wins, I will not be leading the discussion ***

Last edited by John F; 06-23-2011 at 07:33 AM.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote