View Single Post
Old 12-23-2012, 06:25 AM   #26
Corpsegoddess
Groupie
Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Aura One
So I've noticed two new things with this wrinkle, but I'll sum up my experience so far so whoever's involved with trying to fix this has all my details.

I've been experiencing the multiple-shelf problem. When I first noticed it a couple of weeks ago, I deleted the offending shelves (note: I only had to delete one shelf; when I did that, all multiples of that particular shelf disappeared).

I've been trying to get the new software update, so for the past 5 days, I've updated my Kobo Touch via wi-fi. For the first three times, I got a software download, but my device said it was still 2.1.5; after each of these downloads and installs, I noticed that the multiple shelves I had deleted were recreated--in multiples again. Three times I deleted the shelves and did an update; three times I got a software download which doesn't appear to have changed my version (still 2.1.5 according to my device), and three times it replaced the multiple shelves.

(Note: not all shelves are made multiple, only some. I haven't figured out the rhyme or reason as to why some are and some aren't)

The last two updates, I didn't delete any shelves; I still got a software download and install, but again--no version change according to my device.

The two things I noticed tonight when I added some books to my multiplied shelves as an experiment:

1. The multiplied (and replaced) shelves do not have a "created on" date next to them like the regular ones do.

2. Each time I add a book to one of the multiplied shelves, it creates yet ANOTHER shelf. For each book added.

So--yeah. No idea what the heck is going on right now, but I figured I'd offer what data I have.

Edit: I did a factory reset, and that downloaded the new software and eliminated all my shelves. So, not sure what the initial problem was, but it seems to be gone now.

Last edited by Corpsegoddess; 12-23-2012 at 11:12 AM.
Corpsegoddess is offline   Reply With Quote