View Single Post
Old 10-05-2013, 02:33 AM   #3
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by testrider View Post
Hi,

I just purchased CC and I like it. There is a small problem:

- In Calibre's 'device->configured this device->save template', I configured it as "{tags:sublist(1,2,\,)}{tags:sublist(0,1,\,)}/{title}-{authors} ({id})", so that my books are put in a subdir formed by the 2nd tag, followed by 1st tag.

- I selected 'send to device' from Calibre.

- Most of them came out correct in CC, however, there are some that were missing characters. For example, I have some books tagged with 'Diabetes,Health'. Some came under "HealthDiabetes" (correct), but some also came under a separate directory "Healthabetes" (incorrect. Missing 'Di').

Some missed 1 character. For example, 'Fiction' and 'iction'.

- All the books were accounted for, just that they were under different directories.
My guess is that you are running into the max path length. Because devices can be connected via MTP to windows, CC ensures that the total path length is less than 250, its value for windows max path. That number is further reduced by the length of the prefix entered into CC, and then reduced again by a guess for the max path prefix used by windows for MTP devices (40). Add all this together and the max path for the default CC directory is around 180 characters. If the path is longer than that then characters are cut out of each path segment until it fits.

You can change your template to ensure that the title/author part is short enough to ensure that there is sufficient space for the tags. See the "shorten" template function.
Quote:
PS: is there a way to see the current reading books in CC? (for ex: I clicked on a book to read. I use Moon+ Reader. Next time when I came back to CC, can I see the book I was reading?)
Sort by date read. The last book will be at the top. Or the bottom if you are sorting the other way.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote