View Single Post
Old 01-16-2012, 08:25 PM   #39
oldyellr
Evangelist
oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Kobo Vox, Amazon Fire 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by hieronymos View Post
I would love to be able to turn the button backlight off.
In low-light situations, there are many possibilities to further decrease the display brightness, like JuiceDefender or ScreenFilter, but the button backlight always stays on, radiating like a lighthouse (very useful to see where you're going when you walk around the house with the lights off).
I doubt the button lights can be easily dimmed. What I find works is a simple strip of white paper, about 1/2" x 4". I stick it in the bottom of the book cover frame when reading in the dark in night mode. The button lights are subdued to where they are not much brighter than the text with the screen filter and the buttons still work. If you don't use a book cover, try a piece of masking tape.
oldyellr is offline   Reply With Quote