View Single Post
Old 05-12-2011, 05:20 AM   #101
Iridal
Mysteriarch
Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 4, Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
I don't mean to be controversial, and I know it doesn't matter, as this is a personal challenge, but to me 2 short stories falls way short of a book. Most books of short stories I read contain upwards of 10 stories, and often many more. If by short story you mean "novella", then fair enough.

I am only claiming a book's worth when the number of short-story pages exceeds 250.
The original challenge stated that books have to have at least 150 pages. But as you said yourself: this really doesn't matter. There are some people here who don't have that much time to read and are happy to have read 25 short stories (or novella's) by the end of the year. Then there are people who have already read 70 500-page-books since the beginning of this year. Both are challenging themselves to read more, which is the whole point of the 'read 100 books' challenge.